Shipping and Returns
All coffee machines are eligible for free shipping, as long as the shipping address is located within the continental United States. This applies to ground shipping only.
Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and International Locations
We are happy to ship to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada, but unfortunately, additional shipping will be charged. For Canadian orders, you will additionally be responsible for import fees and local taxes upon arrival.
We no longer ship to any other countries (but can make an exception for some products—please contact us).
Same shipping times apply as in contiguous US.
What happens after you place your order?
Step 1: Order Confirmation
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and have pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order, we also automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Step 2: Order Shipment
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order (usually much sooner). We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provide when checking out.
If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
Due to the weight and size of some of the items we sell, they must be sent via independent freight carriers. Here are a few things you should note:
- The trucking service will contact you typically 1-2 days before delivery to schedule the delivery time. If you make an appointment with the trucking company please be aware if you are not there to accept delivery, a redelivery fee may be charged by the trucking company, and it is not the responsibility of Barista Central.
- The delivery driver will deliver your items curbside of your home. They are not responsible for taking the product onto your driveway or into your home. Therefore, moving the item from curbside may require your assistance. You can always ask the driver to assist you, and they may, but they are not required. Special services are the responsibility of the customer, we do not pay for any storage fees that the trucking company may charge if you do not take immediate delivery of your item.
- Very heavy items will require a forklift to move them from the curbside to their permanent location. You can contact a local contractor to help you with this.
- Please be there to sign for the delivery and inspect the item for potential damages. OPEN SHIPMENT IMMEDIATELY IN FRONT OF DRIVER. If you suspect any damage upon delivery, please mark the bill of laden - SUBJECT TO INSPECTION, so any issues may be corrected or parts replaced. Please contact Barista Central immediately to report any damages or issues.
Damages & Exchanges
Your satisfaction is our top priority. We sell only the finest quality products from reputable manufacturers, so we rarely have problems with any of our products. But if your item is damaged or defective in some way, we'll make sure you're taken care of.
All of our products are backed by a manufacturer's warranty. If your item has a defect, please contact the manufacturer as instructed in the paperwork that came with the product. If you need help contacting the manufacturer, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Some manufacturers do not include any paperwork with their products. In that case, contact us at email@example.com and we will get in touch with the manufacturer for you.
If your product was damaged during shipping, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you get the replacement parts you need or arrange for total replacement of the product at no cost to you.
Please find your specific situation from the list of scenarios below to learn how we handle that particular situation:
1. You decided to cancel your order
If the order hasn't been processed yet, we can cancel it and issue you a refund with no penalty. If you do not cancel the order until after it has already been processed, your situation will be handled according to situation 4 below.
2. You received the product but the product is not working correctly, is missing parts, or is visibly damaged or deformed
If the item isn't working correctly, and it does not appear to have been damaged during shipping, please see the paperwork that came in the original box for instructions on how to file a warranty claim with the manufacturer (in the absence of instructions, contact us at email@example.com).
The manufacturer is responsible for any manufacturing defects or deficiencies with its products. (If the item is damaged or defective due to shipping damages, please see situation 3 directly below.)
3. You received an item that appears to have been damaged during shipping
If a package appears to have been damaged during shipping, the item is oftentimes still okay. If the packaging for your item appears to be damaged, be sure to keep all the original packaging until you've determined whether or not a shipping insurance claim needs to be submitted. If any of the original packagings is thrown away, we cannot file a shipping insurance claim. Discarding shipping materials or box contents waives your right to get your product replaced or repaired.
Before contacting us, please test the item's functionality. If everything works okay, there is no reason to contact us or file a shipping damage claim. If your product is not working correctly due to the damages that occurred during shipping and you have kept the original shipping materials, please contact us so that we may submit a shipping insurance claim.
Once we have confirmed that you still have the original shipping materials and that the item was damaged during shipping, and after we have officially filed the shipping insurance claim forms, we will send out new parts or a new product at no cost to you.
4. You've received the product but you've decided you want to return it
If you receive an item and decide to return it, you can do so if, and only if, all of the following requirements are met:
- See below to make sure if the brand you bought accepts returns. We always follow the manufacturer's policy.
- The item must be in as-new condition.
- You must contact us to notify us that you'd like to return the item within the time specified by the manufacturer's return policy. This is usually between 30 and 90 days. See below for the return policies of each brand.
- You MUST contact us to get an RMA Number and return instructions PRIOR to returning the item.
If you return an item without all three of the above requirements being met, the item will be refused and come back to you and no refund, or a partial refund) will be issued. If you meet all three of the above requirements, your refund will be issued as soon as the item has been verified to be in good condition
Note that shipping charges (both to ship the light back and the original charges, even if you had free shipping—we still had to pay it, after all) and a 25% restocking fee will be deducted from your refund. With many brands, the restocking fee will be lower or waived altogether. Shipping charges may also be waived, depending on the brand.
5. You refuse the delivery of your order, and it comes back to us
If you refuse an item and it comes back to us, you will be issued a refund LESS a 25% restocking fee and our actual cost for shipping and handling (both ways). If the item is damaged during the shipping process, no refund will be issued until the shipping insurance claim process is complete.
Once the shipping claim process is complete, you will be issued a refund in the amount we are reimbursed by the shipping company (minus the amount the shipping company charges us for the shipment to you and back to us). If the shipping company does not approve the claim, we are, unfortunately, unable to provide a refund.
Warranty And Return Policies Of Individual Brands
Ascaso / Caffeum Perfectus / Elektra / Macap / BVM
One year parts and labor warranty limited to manufacturer’s defect unless otherwise noted. Plumb-able machines only have a one-year parts warranty.
Customer is responsible for return shipping costs after the first five (5) days after receipt/delivery. This limited warranty overrides any manufacturer warranties or warranties stated in the manufacturer’s manual. For all warranty assistance, the customer must contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with customer’s contact information, purchase date, model number, and detailed description of the claimed problem.
Refunds can take up to 30 days from our receipt of defective return to process.
Exclusions to limited warranty applicable to products as noted. The following exclusions, which are not limited to, include and apply to the product during the warranty period:
- Expendable items and items whose damage occurs as a result of failure to follow instructions that come with the product.
- Problems related to water damage, poor water quality, and scaling.
- Products for which the applicable serial number has been removed or altered.
- Any product that has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of an accident, abuse, misuse, lack of reasonable and necessary maintenance/cleaning, neglect, faulty installation, mishandling, damage during shipment, line power surge or any external causes.
- Operation of the product outside the parameters stated in the user documentation that shipped with product.
- Usage of parts not manufactured by the original manufacturer.
- Modification or service by anyone other than our authorized distributor or an authorized warranty provider.
- Any acts of God, such as, but not limited to, lightning, flood, or fire.
- The cost of installations or routine maintenance items, such as gaskets, o-rings, grinding burrs, and other normal wear and tear items.
- Usage of product in a commercial environment/setting/purpose.
- Warranty period is not transferable.
- Shipping costs to ship product back to authorized warranty center provided.
- On-site labor, and/or expedited shipping cost of parts to customer for self-repair.
- Products shipped or brought outside the United States of America.
- Cosmetic defects.
No returns/no refunds on accessories, parts, or coffees.
Returns of new (unused) machines will be charged a restocking fee of 25% and the original shipping charges, in addition to the shipping cost of returning the item.
Used machines can not be returned.